Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm in Kenya!

So here I am at the end of my second day in Kenya! The flight was fine, longg. The Dubai airport is as cool as everyone says! They have like fountains in the middle of the walkways. Pretty baller. One of the first things I saw on the way out of the airport was an ad for Malta, which made me miss Ghana. I've actually noticed a lot of similarities between Ghana and Kenya, which I didn't expect between the African coasts.

Things have been great so far. Yesterday we went to a giraffe center and fed some giraffes. We got to pet them! there were some warthogs, too, which just made me think of all the movies we made last time we were in Kenya....if only you were here with me Mumu. The people all seem really great. We are spending this week getting to know each other and getting adjusted to Nairobi, and then we start our homestays on February 7.

I got a cell phone and it's free for me to receive calls, and apparently international texts aren't that expensive, either. So if you want to hear my lovely voice...
(from the US) 011 254 733 901 547.

That's all for now, hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment